``

Tuesday 2 January 2018

Anderton Tuesday 2 January 2018

It was a filthy evening yesterday with cloud and rain, however it cleared before we went to bed so we had a chance to look at the big moon, to me it looked very similar to the one I saw last year, ie. Sunday night. I tried to photograph it but my camera just isn't interested in that sort of shot.

We woke this to the rain this morning, just as forecast so we didn't set off until 11 am. We were considering just going to the marina but the weather improved so that was postponed, I did have to put a mac on for a couple of showers but that's all.

Every time we pass this tree I think I must photograph that and today I did, but the light was all wrong. The branch starts off one way doubles back on its self, gets embedded into the trunk and then goes the other way.DSCF0126

The work at Oakwood marina is pushing on and I expect there will be boats in there this year. It looks as if they will probably get 3 to each pontoon.DSCF0130

Boaters have very mixed feelings about what are classed as pram hoods that are often fitted over the stern of a cruiser sterned boat, well someone here has found a novel use for one.DSCF0132

Coming through the Tata Chemical works there was plenty of steam about, I guess this was due to the high humidity and cool temperature, it was just DSCF0134rolling of their ponds and cooling towers.

DSCF0137We stopped at Anderton services did a bit of recycling both depositing and collecting from the rubbish bin as well as using the new upgraded facilities, loos and topping up with water. Then it was on passed Anderton Lift and through Barnton Tunnel to wind before returning to The Stanley Arms where we will eat tonight, it will be the first meal out this trip and they have their own moorings, this point is extra inviting as its raining again and its only a quick walk up the steps from the boat to the pub.

Today’s Journeymap 17 11 Miles no locks in 3¼ hours

No comments: