``

Sunday 13 October 2024

Star City

We were a little late getting away this morning and a boat had gone by before we were up. We passed through a couple of groups of fishing men, one a match, but I think they all must have been the most cheerful fishermen I have met.
CRT are in the process of cutting back the off side vegetation and have got as far as the Boat Inn. I hope they also work back towards Birmingham from above Minworth Locks.DSCF9782

Beside Minworth lock 2 on the towpath side there is this brickwork in the grass, any idea what or why anyone?DSCF9784

About half way between the top lock, which still has the near side culvert blocked and Salford Junction we met a boat, the second this trip, again a hire boat and again crewed by two Americans. She asked me how far to the Coventry canal, I said a day and a half, but she thought I set a hour and a half so I had to correct her, I wonder when they have to be back at Rose Narrowboats by?
We did a brief stop outside The Tyburn so that Diana could nip to Aldi, pity there are no rings here to tie to, so I just had to holder the centre line until Diana returned, then off under the works by Trout Bridge and on to Salford Junction. The very sharp left hand turn and up through the Nechells disused lock to moor at Start City for the night.

Today’s Journey image

5¼ miles, 3 locks in 2½ hours

No comments: