``

Monday, 7 September 2026

All Oaks Wood

As I said last night we were moored just above the Hillmorton Locks, at 8-30 this morning a boat came by and moored ahead of us. We were on deck chatting about quarter to ten when a boat comes by and goes straight onto  the lock mooring. When the lock keeper arrived  the single hander at the front was away, I walked along to open and close the off side gate and didn’t even get a thank you. The other boat asked if we wanted to go ahead of them but 10 minutes wasn’t going to make much difference, plus one of their crew walked down to the middle lock and helped him on his way. We were away about quarter past ten, we had to wait for a boat coming up the middle lock and the Volockie at the bottom opened up for Diana to sail in. A lot more boats moored through Rugby this time and we met one right in the road bridge at the end, He warned us of a very low tree branch across the cut further along. Now reported to CRT.DSCF2291

The duck weed has got thicker in the past week with a nice green basket ahead of us, behind we cut a grove  through it.DSCF2292

I dropped Diana at bridge 51 to nip to the Co-op and I picked her up at the Barley Mow a few minuets later. Just before All Oaks we passed this chap, I hope this chap was happier than he looked.DSCF2295

There was no room to moor on the piling so we are on pins at the far end. Once settled I set to giving the part of the rook I treated for rust last week a quick coat of top coat, very rough and ready but hopefully will hold it until next spring. Around half five there was a tap on the cabin, a chap with a Beagle was there to tell us our rear pin was out, he pulled the stern in but the pin was gone. After thanking him and making a fuss of the dog I got the magnet out, I couldn’t find our pin but I did find two others.

Today’s JourneyScreenshot 2026-09-07 170958 8 miles with 3 locks in 3½ hours

No comments: