Saturday, 11 April 2009

11 April Black Horse Bridge to Stoke Bruerne

The moorings last night were very quiet which resulted in a slight case of oversleeping this morning, the end result we didn't get away until 11 am. The weather started quite well but started to deteriorate around lunch time and we finished our travels in light rain and drizzle. Things got a bit busy around Cosgrove with 4 boats waiting above the lock while us and a Wyvern hire boat went up and then there was a steady flow all the way to the Stoke Bruerne flight, The bottom lock was with us and a boat was waiting to go down, from the third up all the top gates were open and by the time we had turned the lock a boat was entering the lock above and one was also entering the bottom of the flight behind us. we went up the third allowing the boat above to come down and then waited for the boat behind. By the time they had joined us there were two boats above the lock waiting to come down and all the rest of the flight was with us. Once clear of the locks we filled with water and then moved up to the first available mooring spot on the bollards and rings just above the disabled moorings. As it was now 4 pm we decided to stop for the night.

You can see our latest position here

No comments: