``

Sunday 15 October 2017

Middlewich Sunday 15 October 2017

Well we are back on the boat, we got held up in the traffic a bit as the M6 was closed between Junctions 18 and 17 going south, We were going north but everyone wanted to slow down for a look, when I turned off at junction 18 there were still no cars in sight behind me in the nearside lane. It was then a very slow run to the outskirts of Middlewich as all the M6 south traffic was heading through the town, as soon as we turned towards Northwich it was fine.

I set off on Harnser at quarter past four alone, Diana was taking the car to Middlewich to meet me there. Work on the new Oakwood Marina is pushing on, the piling is complete and the first building up to window level.DSCF9581

As you can see the first residents have moved in.DSCF9580

I saw 2 Kingfishers on my journey, the one in the photo is sitting on the bank at water level, the second was about a foot higher on a branch but I was not quick enough to catch them both.DSCF9582

I met several boats on the journey but as the sun got lower if t started to get a bit cooler, even so it was such a nice afternoon its hard to believe what we are suppose to get tomorrow.

Diana parked the car quite close to the Council recycling centre and walked back to meet me by Croxton Flash we then carried on to moor on the new mooring rings below Big Lock just passed the winding hole where we have moored for the night.

Today's Journey Map 14¾ Miles in 1½ hours.

No comments: