Away just before 10 and went over something hard just before bridge 15, that’s a little less 2 pack on the base plate. Round passed Charity Dock and there looked to be a few boats missing so this old wooden hulk was on display.
About half a mile further on out in mid channel we scraped on something else. As I turned at Hawkesbury Junction I didn’t expect to meet a Coaster and a Gun Boat, so I didn’t get round in one.
Hawkesbury Lock was like a real lock today with the Coventry being so low,just a bit more difference in level.
When we last came under this bridge at Ansty it was being repainted to cover the graffiti, it looks as if it may have worked.
This wouldn’t be my chosen spot for a mooring for the night but maybe they like trains.
It looks as if work is finally complete at the two breaches in the narrows between All Oaks and Rose Narrowboat, unlike the one further north hat has had nothing done and the towpath closure fences put to one side . We will see what happens when it rains, if it ever does. Floating in the narrows was a flower arrangement complete with miniature solar panel. I may walk back and see it it illuminates tonight.
We moored on pins at All Oaks Wood until the boat ahead who was moored to the piling left, then with great difficulty we moved down a boats length once we were clear of the mud.
No comments:
Post a Comment