``

Tuesday, 4 August 2026

Back home

Change of plan this morning and we decided we would come home today and not tomorrow. So at 9 am we cast off, chugged round the marina and headed off to Dunchurch pools, in that short journey we met 8 Narrowboats heading towards Hillmorton. Our reason for visiting Dunchurch was to fill with diesel and I was a bit disappointed to find the domestic rate was £1-30 I was hoping for better. It was nice to go there when it wasn’t too windy. Anyway diesel bought we headed back to our marina only meeting one boat coming towards us. Passing a moored boat near Dunchurch , he told us 10 boats had left there this morning heading for Hillmorton.
I rather cocked up turning into the marina, I blame it on the water level down a bit and the bow catching the silt, that sorted it was through the bridge and backwards into our berth, a bit easier than yesterday as the boat on the next finger pontoon was out giving me a good 16 foot to play with.

Today’s JourneyScreenshot 2026-08-04 202133

 

3¾ miles with no locks in 1¾ hours

No comments: