``

Monday 4 July 2016

Monday 4 July 2016 Kings Bromley Marina

We set off this morning at quarter to ten in bright sunshine, our first port of call was Kings Orchard Marina to get the toilet tank emptied and the diesel tank filled. I didn’t need much diesel but with the falling pound I expect it to be more expensive  next time we are out. today it was 61p/lt for domestic use. As we made our way up the Coventry Canal we had some magnificent sky’s.DSCF4824

Leaving the marina we pushed on to Fradley Junction where we turned left on the Trent and Mersey Canal, by now the sky was turning all over grey. There was a Volocky at both Middle Lock and Shadehouse Lock. The one at Middle Lock told me I was doing the lock wrong and I should hold the pawl while winding the lock down. We didn’t fall out over it. Shadehouse Lock was slow going and Wood End Lock dead slow with only one top paddle operational.

we arrived back at our mooring just before two o’clock. Once there I started stripping the toilet down, I was hoping just to withdraw the spring cartridge from the side and ended up stripping it right down and bringing part of it home. I hope Lee sanitation can supply the bits. Once that was in bits and packed away it was time for an oil and filter change, only three hours overdue. By now it looked ready to rain and we did get a few spots as we left to drive home.

Today’s Journey  map 86¾ miles, 3 locks, 2 canals, 1 Junction in 4 hours.

No comments: