``

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Tue 7 Aug 2012 Park Mooring March

We finally arrived at the boat about 4 30pm and as soon as we were loaded up we set off.

I slipped Harnser into reverse and Diana dropped the front rope off, half way out and I spotted a boat coming upstream so slid gently forward again, he took forever to arrive and once opposite me put it into reverse, he was mooring about 6 slots up. Once he was out of the way we backed across the river, I have to have the stern almost on the opposite bank to be able to swing the bows round downstream as there is a full length butty moored alongside and I dread hitting his rudder with my bows. Once out we headed towards March arriving an hour later at the moorings by the park, not quite so convenient for the town but much easier for the dog to get off for a walk. Since we were last here they have erected a sign restricting mooring to 36 hrs. like the town moorings.a smallDSCF9412
The only reason we came this way as its a convenient cruise for the first night, we didn’t want to stay on the moorings overnight and tomorrow night we want to be in Whittlesey heading for the Nene, so in the morning we will wind and retrace our steps for an hour heading west.

4 comments:

Paul from Waterway Routes - Maps and DVDs said...

I'm moored on the Nene just upstream of the junction at Peterborough for a few days while Christine has gone home so give me a wave as you pass.

Nb Yarwood said...

Where do the 'authorities' come up with 36 hours? Why not 24 or 48? It seems a complete nonsense to me..
Lesley

Nb Yarwood said...

A 36 hour restriction seems a complete nonsense to me.. why not 24hrs or 48hrs?
Lesley

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

I don't have a clue where 36 hrs comes from, but if you arrive at the March moorings at 1800 hrs you can stay overnight, all the next day and night, leaving the next morning. Maybe that was what they were thinking.
The same notice is also now at Whittlesey.