``

Wednesday 8 April 2009

8 April Wendover Arm to Marsworth

Yesterday evening I saw my first Swallow of the season flying over the storage area of the Wendover Trust, I hope he found somewhere safe to bed down for the night as it blow well overnight. The boat next to us had a wind generator on the roof  and I bet the noise inside the boat was something else. This morning it was still breezy and sunny, the overnight rain having cleared away. We took the dog for a walk along the unrestored section of the arm to where its in water again. We finally pushed off at 1130 am. winded in the corner and headed back to the main line where we turned right to Cowroast the other end of the Tring summit, where we winded to start our journey home. On the way back along the summit a Kingfisher flashed by, not even time to think about lifting the camera let alone get a photo. Back at the top of the Marsworth flight we found all the locks against us, we didn't meet anything in the flight and we had to work all the locks alone. For a change Diana drove the boat and I did all the locks. It wasn't till the very bottom lock where a boat was coming out and we caught up with nb Syncopation going down. We moored for the night just below the bottom lock right beside the White Lion pub and 4 pm.

I have just discovered that over the passed week we have shared several locks with a fellow blogger "morethanadequate" and I didn't know it. My RSS feeds have not been updating and today I found the morethanadequate are none other than nb Syncopation.

You can see our latest position here

No comments: