``

Thursday 5 December 2019

Fazeley Thursday 5 December 2019

Day : Thursday
Date : 5 December 2019
Start : 1020
Finish : 1520 Fazeley

Much duller today bit quite a bit warmer, the hat and gloves were not required this morning, but they were this afternoon when things turned much cooler with a little light drizzle.

We were just leaving Wood End Lock when a boat came round the bend ahead of us so we were able to leave the gates open, meeting them made us expect to find the next to ready, wrong, both empty. Passing the moorings between Middle Lock and Junction Lock I spotted this notice about mooring fees, I wonder if they collectDSCF3138 much. Once down at the junction we turned right onto the Coventry Canal and stopped for water, again not the fastest of taps. While the tank was filling I refitted the cabin side step. last trip when I stood on it the top screw was lose in the threads, its 5mm. so today I drilled it out and fitted a Heli-coil Its the first time I have used these but I know it wont be the last.

Once the tank was full we were off again passing a few more moored boats than last week, there were a few by The Otter pub and 4 on the Fazeley Winter moorings. We were going to stop there but thought the A5 road a bit noisy so pushed on about a quarter of a mile to moor for the night just as the drizzle started again.

Today's Journeymap 07 12½ Miles 3 Locks in 5 hours.

IMPORTANT NOTICE
All of the above is my personal opinion and does not represent those of any official body or notices.

All comments made to this blog are checked before being accepted any made anonymously are accepted but if you leave a name I could say thanks.

No comments: