``

Thursday 10 November 2022

GU Leicester Line bridge 39

A bit duller today, but dry with a stiff cool breeze. Just as we were pushing off a boat came through the bridge behind, so being the gentleman I am I waited until he passed, It may have been polite but pointless as his wife was walking the dogs and he pulled over a short way up the cut for them to get back on, where I passed him.
For as long as I can remember there has been a boat in the field by the winding hole at Crick and its still there, it looks like a Springer to me.DSCF7336

We stopped for water at bridge 19 where the boat with the dogs passed us before we had finished filling up. A little further on we passed this moored boat with an interesting bow fender.DSCF7337

It wasn’t long before we started to catch the boat with dogs as he travelled quite a bit slower than us and it was some distance before he could pull over to the towpath side and wave me by.
The highlight of the trip was when I spotted this little chap pop out of the water and sit in a bush, thankfully he was obliging in not flying away.DSCF7341

We carried on just past bridge 39 where the canal turns to face north west so we are sheltered from the wind by the hedge.

Todays Journey image

9½ miles no locks in 3¾ hours

No comments: