``

Tuesday 27 February 2024

Birmingham Oozells St Loop

  During my efforts down the weed hatch yesterday I dropped my Stanley knife, I had a dabble with the magnet but no luck. This morning I pulled the boat forward a bit and eventually I was able to spot it on the canal bed. I had to drop the magnet right on to it to catch it and then it fell off as I lifted it. Another try and reaching into the water to get hold of it I had it back. This delayed our departure by about ¼ of a hour.
Not much luck with the locks as every one was against us. Our original plan was to moor for the night outside the University on the Digbeth Branch but we were at Aston Junction within an hour so decided to head up Farmers Bridge flight and into Birmingham. Every time we come this way the view is different with all the building going on.DSCF8941

Even the existing buildings now look different with the old cladding all removed and the new installed, all the scaffolding and temporary supports have gone and its looking quite smart again.DSCF8942

Once clear of the locks we made our way straight across Old Turn junction and down the Oozells Loop where to our surprise there was no one moored.
We had a bit of lunch before I set to doing an oil and filter change, I also checked the water in the batteries and found a couple of cells low so I think its time to consider some new ones.

Todays Journeyimage

2 Miles, 21 locks in 3hours

No comments: