``

Sunday, 26 July 2026

Baswich

We were away a little before ten to overcast morning, there were a few spots of wet on the roof but the towpath was dry. we had reasonable luck with all the locks, ether a boat coming up, out, or arriving below at the right time. In the course of the day we had about 5 showers,but I doubt the total time it rained was less than 5 minutes. We did however pass this nice cruiser on the way.DSCF2155

At first I thought this may be the next Clacton MP, but on reflection he was probably with the Wizard of Oz.DSCF2156

I can’t remember the lock number, probably Longford, but I spotted this notice on the gate beside the towpath, squinting at it I though it a Planning Notice so photographed it to read later.DSCF2157

We passed a couple of Christmas Trees on the off side at Acton Trussell, the first was very dead and brown, shame because it was a nice shaped tree, but this one is full of cones.DSCF2159

This towpath side bungalow is still for sale and has been for a long time.DSCF2160

I do wonder if CRT gave permission to extend the offside land out into the canal.DSCF2161

We carried on steadily meeting boats until we moored just beyond the route of the Stafford River Link

 

Today’s JourneyScreenshot 2026-07-26 142223

 

6½ miles with 6 Locks in 3½ hours

No comments: