``

Friday, 24 July 2026

Coven, Fox and Anchor

Yesterday I failed to mention that NB Sarina (hope I have the name right) who said they read my blog said hello.
Well you may have notices from the heading, we are still in Coven but we have done over 6 miles, if you look at the map you will see why. As the crow flies its under a mile and a half.
Away in good time again and only met a couple of boats before joining the Staffordshire and Worcester canal. one of them was under, I think Pendeford bridge which is immediately after the stop plank narrows, Blowing his horn when he saw me approaching the bridge was too late, I now had nowhere to go so he had to back up. The motorway bridge on this canal is now as well painted as the one on the Staffs. and Worc, canal .DSCF2142

 

DSCF2143We stopped by bridge Number 2 as its just a short walk from there to Morrisons, the edge is deep and its all piled. Then off again to the only lock of the day at Autherley Junction. Napton Narrowboats were busy cleaning boats, but doing it on the lock moorings it not very helpful to passing boats. Out of the junction and sharp left. Soon we were in the narrows and a lady walking her dog said her other half on their boat was waiting for us. As soon as we cleared the narrows he set off, we had gone by two wide bits before meeting him at the end.. We carried on to moor at the Fox and Anchor for the night. Needless to say I picked a spot with a missing mooring rind, so now we are moored with very long lines.

Today’s JourneyScreenshot 2026-07-24 140749 6¼ miles with 1 lock in 2½ hours

No comments: