I think we had light rain most of the night and it was raining when we got up, so no rush to leave. it started to ease just after 11am and I had another fiddle round with the magnet for our lost stake without any luck. I cant quite work out how it ended up in the canal but the mooring line was still on the ground.
Very soon after we left the rain stopped completely and we set off just after another boat had passed and followed them all the way to Ansty where we stopped for water knowing its a reasonable tap.
Just before the Coventry Cruising Club we passed the Rothen Group work boat that we saw on a lorry last week, it looks as if they are carrying out tow path repairs.
A little further on last time we passed there was a cruiser sitting on the towpath, its now found its way back into the canal, it looks to be the same boat∟∟
that was sitting in the ditch at All Oaks Wood a year ago, It has been freshly painted blue. See Harnser's Travels: All Oaks Wood. We were hoping to moor just before Hawkesbury Junction but no space, some of the boats have been here a bit longer than 7 days. so it was into the lock, while Diana worked the lock I photo'd the level at the lock weir and it looks to be right on the crest, once through the lock, a 180° turn and we moored in the first available spot passed the water points. Since we have been moored up I have booked a table for tonight in the Greyhound.
8 Miles with 1 lock in 3¾ hours
l
No comments:
Post a Comment