``

Saturday, 12 September 2026

Sutton Cheney

A little after 10 we went and said goodbye to Mike at the ACA shop and donated some more tat. Then I walked back to the boat to set off while Diana opened the bridge/lock gate, its bit of a beast.DSCF2334

This is where I reversed down through yesterday, double moored one side and single moored the other. I am glad I did the reversing yesterday when there was no wind.DSCF2333

It decided to rain before we got as far as the tunnel, big blobs but not too heavy, a brolly took care of it. By the time we exited the South portal it had DSCF2335stopped. We had this a couple of times during the trip.
A Shackerstone we stopped to visit the farm shop at the end of the long term moorings for some savoury muffins and fresh fruit.
I often wonder what this old building use to be, was there a farmstead here at one time. Over the years the ivy has been getting thicker.DSCF2337 I know people like to moor close to bridges for easy access but mooring to the piling under the bridge is pushing it to the limit.DSCF2339

We were hoping to see a steam train on our way to Sutton Cherney but the best we managed was a bit of smoke and steam with a few toots thrown in.DSCF2341

There were a couple of slots on the pontoons but we went past the water point to the one day moorings on the wharf, close and handy for tomorrows breakfast.

 

Todays Journey Screenshot 2026-09-12 164836

 

10¾ miles with 1 stop lock in 4 hours

No comments: