``

Sunday 24 April 2022

Minshull Vernon

Just a little later getting away than normal, but not much, it was pleasant going along in the sunshine. As we passed under Green Lane Bridge 90 I could see a boat winding ahead so held back, we then followed her to the outskirts of Nantwich where she went across the canal and seemed to be having words with a fisherman, she then hopped off with a centre line and started to pull the boat in by him, I thought that,s a bit inconsiderate mooring right where he is fishing, as we past she said she was trying to retrieve his fishing tackle from a branch , so could I have a go. I finally spotted a tiny float, hook and short length of line so hooked it with the boat hook and pulled it out of the tree where it fell in the water. The said fisherman now wanted me to come over get a net and go back to retrieve it for him. I pushed it his way with propwash and left him to it, he commandeered the following boat to pick it up and return it to him. So for a 50p float he had his entire swim ruined.  There were lots of mooring spaces along the embankment unlike last weekend. Just as we arrived at the services a boat left, by now the share boat that picked up the float was right behind me, so I indicated I was pulling in and let him go on his way. We would see him again later waiting to go up the Llangollen.
At Barbridge Junction we we turned right back onto the Middlewich Branch and chugged down toward Cholmondeston Lock, no queues today, on the way passing a pair of Wagtails resting on a boats solar panels .DSCF6551

Below the lock I pulled over to Venetian Marina to fill up with diesel as it was still £1-25 lt. Needless to say within a mile I met the fuel boat Bargus.
The remains of this bridge looks as if its slowly creeping in and getting narrower at the South end. I did report it when I first notice it starting to move.DSCF6553

Approaching Minshull lock a boat was just leaving but he had already closed the gate, it didn’t matter as it swung open before we arrived. Down at bridge 12 it looked as if the cows were walking on the bridge walls, but in reality they were on the hill side beyond it.DSCF6554 A few more bridges and we pulled over to moor for the night.

Today’s Journey image

11 miles, 2 locks in 4¾ hrs.

 

The trip since Autherley Junctionimage

No comments: