``

Tuesday 12 April 2022

Wheelock

We woke to the rain and as we only had a short day ahead didn’t move until the rain eased at 1130am, It looks as if the Romping Donkey may at last be finished as there were lights on last night but it doesn’t look very lived in.DSCF6442

I set off just in time as, as soon as I had loosed the ropes a Canal Club boat came down the canal behind us and I knew the first lock was with us. I did set the next lock ready for them, one of the pair and the following one, but once we got to single locks and we met a boat coming up I didn’t see them again until after we had moored up.
I don’t think I have ever known the Cheshire locks to be in such bad condition with numerous paddles out and locks closed. 
Just below one of the locks under a bridge there is a nice water feature, it would look OK diverted into someone’s garden with some coloured lights at night.

We carried on to moor at Wheelock for the night with a view to having a nice Italian meal this evening. Although its been a very dull day it certainly has been warm.

Todays Journeyimage

  2 miles, 10 locks in 2 hours 

 

Second part of the tripimage

No comments: