``

Sunday 23 August 2020

Worcester

Needless to say most boats had left before we set off this morning as we threaded our way slowly passed all the moored boat and Hanbury Wharf. Dunhampstead tunnel was quite dry. I thought I would post a photo of my anemometer after its DSCF4066disagreement with the M5 culvert. We met several boats in the course of the day and caught up with two single handed boaters traveling together who pulled over and invited us to pass, we only had one lock turned on us  by a boat crew working well ahead and not looking forward. The pounds between  Locks 8 and 10 were about 20 Cm off weir so getting to close to the side created problems.DSCF4069

When we arrived in Worcester we moored just below lock 3 but I thought there were spare rings nearer the basin so we moved down. Just as we pulled away a hire boater asked if I had anything to cut wire round his prop so I said I would walk back and look. The rings turned out to be the water point so we winded, avoiding the mines and returned to DSCF4070below the lock. I had a look at the hire boat, it had a 1” wire anchor horsier around the prop, so he is calling Black Prince in the morning.

Today’s Journey 10.5 miles 14 locks in 5.75 hours.map 21Map courtesy of Waterway Routes https://www.waterwayroutes.co.uk/

No comments: