``

Thursday 5 September 2019

Polesworth Thursday 5 September 2019

Day : Thursday
Date : 5 September 2019
Start : 1000
Finish : 1530 Alvecote

I have uploaded our proposed route to Canal Planer AC https://canalplan.eu/journey/12200_cp if anyone wants to see where we are likely to be. It gets updated with actual position each night.

Thanks for the two replies last night, Firstly there was a man tending his Bees, just after I did the blog and secondly the things on the overhead power cabled called Stockbridge dampers. There is always someone who knows the answer.

Yesterday evening the wind got up and it rained, I was quite pleased we sleep at the back. By this morning the sun was back and after hearing Rick on Auriga chug gently by we thought it best we got up. It was 10 when we set off and stopped at the top of the Atherstone flight to fill with water and dup rubbish. We met quite a few boats in the flight and a couple of boaters enquired if it was me that produced this log, sorry I didn't ask your names but I did note one boat was called Holly.

I think they may have bit of a problem getting this boat that is in Barry Hawkins yard through the flight.DSCF2572

It was the lock by his yard where I had to feed the swans, not something I normally do, but in this case they were all grouped by the top lock and would probably have gone in the lock as soon as we opened the gate, so I tempted them away with bread. As soon as we were in the lock and I stopped feeding them they were back by the gate.DSCF2574

A little further down the flight were these flowers in memory of a lady that died on the flight at lock 8 back in July. Really theDSCF2575 remains of these need removing as the flowers are all dead but I never feel I should touch them.

Once clear of the flight we carried on past Grendon Dock where we were greeted by a spotty dog, we first had one when I was a kid and then another when I first got married.DSCF2578

A rather interesting boat in Polesworth called Brenda May, notDSCF2580 only did he have 2 masts with imitation birds and other items , heDSCF2582 also had some snakes made from tyres and what looked like a gorilla sitting on the bows.DSCF2583

We carried on and moored opposite The Samuel Barlow at Alvecote, where we hope to have a mooring for the next 12 months, but they look pretty full so we will have to see what the man says when he gets back.

Today's Journeymap 42 8½ Miles 11 Locks in 5½ hours

No comments: