``

Tuesday 20 October 2020

Home Moorings

 

Rain overnight but fine today, only a very short journey back to the moorings When we passed through Polesworth yesterday I saw this chap working in the top of a tree, he has mad good progress since then and as we passed today he was dropping bits on the towpath with 2 lookouts. 




I was quite taken with these little carved owls sitting on the roof of a Narrowboat.



Back at Alvecote I pulled up to the service wharf to pay my moorings for the next year, it was due a fortnight ago and they hadn’t sent me a reminder. Once that was sorted out I reversed from the wharf, across the canal and down the marina into our slot, how many people were watching? Non.

This trip we have been onboard for 26 nights, done about 230 miles and passed through 192 locks, this involved travelling for 115 hrs, just over 4 hours a day.


 

Today's Journey 

2.5 miles, 0 locks in 1 hour.




  Map courtesy of Waterway Routes https://www.waterwayroutes.co.uk/

 

IMPORTANT NOTICE
All of the above is my personal opinion and does not represent
 those of any official body or notices.
All comments made to this blog are checked for spam before
being accepted any made anonymously are accepted but if you
leave a name I could say thanks.

 

No comments: