``

Thursday 20 May 2021

Bottom of Curdworth

 A very good mooring last night, I think I may have found one of the quietest spots along there. This morning I had to get up at 5-30am as you do and the sky was blood red, but you know what they say about a red sky in the morning. Come 10am. time to set off and it it was raining but thankfully didn't last long.
We had some good luck with the locks, the top one was full and then we met boats at both number 2 and 3.
 It is now very obvious where HS2 will be crossing below lock 5 but its good to see the number of new trees they are planting as an environment mitigation strategy. It wasn't long before the rain started and that carried on for the rest of the journey. Once we reached the pub, The Dog and Doublet at lock 9 things changed and all the rest of the locks were empty. Its good to see the pub doing a bit of trade, people were queuing to get in at 12 o'clock.

We moored just below the Curdworth flight where I carried out a 250hr oil and filter change, I also check the liquid level in the batteries when I do this, but didn't need to add any this time.


Todays Journey 4 miles, 11 locks in 2¾ hours



No comments: